1. The maximum policy value of a long-term care insurance policy is the quantity of money you put into the policy. This policy is considered to be a pool of cash you put together into a sort of deposit account that is later used for your long term medicare later in life when you really need it.
2. The value of your policy will differ dependent on how many days a week you want long term care. If you simply need long-term care for two days each week rather than 7 days a week you will have more money to spend in the long term.
3. A long term care insurance policy can be shared between you and your other half. As you pay into the policy the amount of money will build up into an account. Eventually, if you or your other half need money for care you will be ready to use this policy. One of you may not need care and the other one of you can.
4. When you choose the automated inflation system you gain interest on your policy and the long run care insurance cost may increase consistently also. You should be shown the way the price may change or increase over a period of time. The good news is that the coverage will increase because the amount of money you have in your account will grow.
5. Should you never need to use your long term health care policy it can be cashed out. You do not lose this money if you die from something that hits you right away.
6. Long term health coverage is not a life insurance policy. Many people are confused about this kind of policy and they don’t understand. This is a particularly profitable policy that will help take care of your needs should you want a home nurse or have to be put into a nursing home.
When you get a long-term care insurance quote it is critical to appreciate what the maximum cost of the policy is. This is not like a life insurance policy that’s worth 1,000,000 dollars if you die. This is like a savings account that gains money as you put your own money into it. When you ultimately need long-term medicare then you will start to use your policy.