How far have you gone in taking steps to get the lowest individual health insurance rates? Have you restricted yourself to a few ideas that your friends shared with you a long time ago? Won’t you like to get more tips since that will translate to saving even much more? I have some more proven tips here…
1. You can have your kids insured through state plans if you need to lower your spend. There are criteria that must be fulfilled before you are deemed eligible.
But check if you are qualified as this will cost you nothing or close to nothing in most cases. If you have a child with a special ailment, you will save much if you insure such a kid through a state plan.
2. It is now clearly understood that smoking causes higher individual health insurance rates. What people might not understand is that the same also applies if you use any other type of tobacco product. Chewing or snuffing tobacco, for example will cost you in higher rates.
So for your health and cheaper rates, quit using any tobacco product.
3. You can lower your costs by taking advantage of free clinics. You can get professional medical advice, blood pressure checks and and other medical service at such free clinics. Some communities provide such facilities and some may just be part of a group’s community service.
4. That excess weight is costing you a lot in health insurance. An insured’s Body Mass Index (BMI) is a strong factor that affects how much an individual pays as rate.
If your BMI rating is high, your premium will be expensive. If your BMI rating is high it shows that your weight is too much for your height. Now do not wait until when you can lose 30 pounds since losing five pounds can reduce your Body Mass Index rating which will result in cheaper rates.
5. It will cost you far less and lower your rates if you buy your prescriptions over the internet. You can also be given cheaper prices if you buy by phone. Drugs are cheaper online because the cost of operating a business is considerably cheaper with the internet. But if you choose to buy online do all within your power to find out a little about whom you’re buying from because there are wolves on the internet. Simply go to BBB online and you’ll know if you should buy from a specific company.
While we want to reduce our health care spend we also have to make sure we safeguard our health. If you do a good check you’ll save much while getting the best.