How far have you gone in positioning yourself to attract the lowest individual health insurance rates? Have you limited yourself to a few recommendations that you got a years ago? Won’t you like to learn more considering that will imply more massive savings? I have many more guaranteed tips here…
1. There are state plans for little children that will save you much if you get them for your kids. There are criteria that must be fulfilled before you are deemed qualified for such.
These plans are often either free or require little payment. These state plans for kids will save you a ton of cash if you have a child with a special ailment when compared to what you’d pay if you go for standard health insurance.
2. It’s now generally understood that smoking will attract higher individual health insurance rates. What many might not understand is that this is also true if you use any other type of tobacco product. Those who snuff or chew tobacco will also attract higher rates than people who don’t
So, you’ll help yourself attract less expensive rates if you avoid tobacco use in any form.
3. You can lower your spend by using free clinics. Such free clinics will cater for simple things like giving you medical advice, blood pressure checks etc. Clinics like these are generally some form of community service.
4. Overweight people pay far higher individual health insurance rates than individuals with normal weights. There is something called Body Mass Index (BMI). It is used to determine a prospect’s rates.
The higher an individual’s Body Mass Index rating, the higher their premium will be. When your BMI rating is high it shows that your weight is too much for your height. Now don’t wait until when you can lose thirty pounds because dropping five pounds can drop you into a lower BMI rating which will result in more affordable rates.
5. Buying your prescriptions on the internet is a proven way to reduce your health care spend. You can also get cheaper prices if you buy by phone. Companies who sell online have lower costs than brick and mortar businesses and this means that they can and (do sell) at lower prices. But if you choose to buy online try to find out a little about whom you’re buying from because there are wolves online. Just visit BBB online and you will know if you should buy from a specific company.
Don’t forget that while we want to save costs we also want to avoid risks. Checking with BBB online and other such services will put you on the safe side while you buy at more affordable prices online.