There are tips you must understand and apply if you’re really committed to getting big discounts. Following are a few of such things…
1. Despite the fact that a good number of people know that smoking increases their rates, they may not know that this also applies if they use other tobacco products. For instance, you will attract a more expensive rate if you chew or snuff tobacco.
Therefore, you’ll help yourself attract cheaper rates if you stay away from tobacco use in any form.
2. You’ll pay a lower rate for a group plan than otherwise. So for those who have the opportunity of using a group plan, it gives you an opportunity to pay lower rates than otherwise.. This should be of special interest to older individuals, smokers or obese people who generally have to pay high premiums.
A group plan will help you make considerable savings if you have a pre-existing condition that makes individual health insurance either too expensive or hard to come by. So using a group plan is a good way of getting adequate coverage at a cheap rate.
3. Opting for catastrophic health insurance plans will help you save substantially in health insurance and is your best bet if you are rarely sick. This type of policy is useful for you if you suddenly fall ill or get involved in an accident.
The good thing about this policy is usually seen in situations where an ailment or accident makes the patient incur very high medical bills that would otherwise destroy most people’s life savings. The name certainly does give a clue of what it provides coverage against. Catastrophic health insurance premiums are normally very affordable.
But take note that the deductibles are as high as $2,000. Notwithstanding, you’ll be willing to contribute such if your medical bills run up to $50,000. This is where this policy truly excels.
4. A healthy routine will get you lower rates. The quality of your diet will in the long run affect your rate. Avoid cholesterol, fats and high carb from your diet and you will not only spend less but also enjoy a healthier life.
Similarly, you will be healthier and as a result have to visit the doctor less if you routinely exercise up to thirty minutes every day.
5. Similar to an HMO, a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) is generally cheaper than traditional health insurance. This alternative is slightly more pricey than an HMO but also gives you more choices.
Check your purse and your needs and decide whether this is a better option than other plans. If cost is the priority, you’ll actually save more by making use of a PPO instead of getting normal health insurance.
6. If you earn little then you may be eligible for Medicaid. Different states have different eligibility criteria. In spite of the differences in various states, Medicaid is for folks that are in the low income bracket. Being employed on its own doesn’t make you ineligible.
Someone in your family may qualify even if you don’t and therefore reduce your family health insurance spend. You can find out whether you or yours are eligible from your state’s Medicaid program.
7. There are situations for which you really shouldn’t see a doctor. Take, for instance, a viral infection like flu. Visiting your doctor will change nothing about your health if you know the right right steps to take. Your doctor will likely do things you should have done for yourself at home in a situation like that.
If your doctor can’t do anything about a health condition then I think it’s not advisable to spend about $100 to see him or her. Other instances are little bruises that just simple first aid will handle properly.
Learn simple first aid procedures. Learning a few little procedures and having a well-equipped first aid box will help you save much on avoidable visits to a doctor.
However, if you don’t know what to do, don’t hesitate to visit a doctor. But, please, know your limits and know that there are cases you must refer to a doctor even if you know what to do. You are not permitted by law to handle some things except you are a certified medical practitioner even if you know what to do. Just learn to treat what you should handle on your own and don’t attempt what you shouldn’t. This will reduce your visits to the doctor and, consequently, reduce your cost.
Get Health Insurance Quotes, Compare Plans And Save Much Now!
Get Quick Free NO-Obligation Quotes Now And Save!