Are you interested in proven steps to get inexpensive rates for coverage that won’t compromise you? Then read through and implement the following sure-fire steps to paying a lot less…
1. That extra weight will make you spend a lot in health insurance. An insured’s Body Mass Index (BMI) is a serious factor that determines what an individual pays as rate.
The higher a person’s BMI rating, the more expensive their rates will be. The more extra weight you have for your height and sex the higher your Body Mass Index rating will be. Do your best to shed excess weight as losing as little as a few pounds could give you another BMI rating which means more affordable premiums.
2. Even though many individuals have realized that smoking adds to their rates, they may not know that this also applies if they use other tobacco products. Individuals who snuff or chew tobacco will also attract higher rates than those who don’t
Therefore, for your health and less expensive rates, quit using any tobacco product.
3. If you drive recklessly then expect to pay higher health insurance rates. Being convicted of traffic offences is not only bad for your car insurance rate it also affects your health insurance rates. This is because you’ll make yourself a greater risk to your insurer.
You will lower your rates if you develop a better culture behind wheels. Extra powerful automobiles like fast muscle cars and super bikes will make you pay a more expensive health insurance rate. This is because they will more easily cause you injuries due to their higher risk of accidents.
4. A very affordable premium is good, however, be certain that you don’t become blinded by focusing on it. You want a low quote that also gives you adequate coverage. And, shopping right is crucial to getting the best price to value ratio. But if you don’t see the right value in the lowest rate, you will be making the right decision if you spend more to make sure you really get the type of plan that is right for you.
5. If you are the type that is rarely ever sick you will make substantial savings by choosing catastrophic health insurance instead. For folks who do not know what it is, it’s a type of plan that caters for you if you fall sick suddenly or are involved in an accident.
The good thing about this policy is normally seen in situations where a health condition or accident results in very high medical bills that would otherwise wipe out most people’s life savings. The name surely does give a clue of what it protects against. Catastrophic health insurance rates are usually very affordable.
Notwithstanding, the deductibles are normally as much as $2,000 but they are certainly worth it considering that you rarely fall sick and are getting coverage in case a catastrophic illness or accident befalls you.
6. If you plan to save in health insurance open a Flexible Spending Account. It’s a kind of savings account where you can save tax-free dollars for your health needs. Any amount unused could be rolled over into the next year (still tax free). This offers you a tax free way of building big reserves of funds for your health needs.
7. If you drink then your rates will be more than a similar profile that doesn’t drink. Drinking adds to your health risk.
You are aware that a lot of diseases are caused heavy drinking.
How much drinking is ok for you? I cannot really say as there are people who can drink a bottle and still be okay while some will take just half a glass and things start going wrong.
What I’m sure of is the fact that avoiding alcohol abuse is good for you. For those who can’t stay away completely, try to drink responsibly.
But I am told it is harder to drink in moderation than it is to give it up totally. There are groups that are out to help alcoholics quit drinking. Just look for them.
Get Health Insurance Quotes, Compare Plans And Save Much Now!
Get Quick Free NO-Obligation Quotes Now And Save!