Would you like cheaper individual health insurance rates? If answered “Yes” you need to do all within your reach to learn as many tips as as possible for cheaper rates. Following are proven recommendations that will help you reduce your rate by as much as 50% if you apply them the right way…
1. There are popular name brands in the pharmaceutical industry. You’ll increase your costs if you use big brand name drugs. For those who don’t know, the law demands that all drugs must have the same active elements whether they are established names or generic. Where the differences start and end are in their choice of inactive ingredients.
This simply implies that what you get from brand name drugs is also what you get from generic drugs of similar specification. However, take the time to ask a doctor you can really trust about this before you make your final decision.
2. You’ll get more affordable individual health insurance premiums if you pay by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). This process authorizes your bank to credit your insurance provider with your premium payments automatically until you advise otherwise. This reduces administrative overheads like those incurred when mailing payment notices. This is why this gets you more affordable rates.
3. For individuals who have a pre-existing condition that makes it hard or too expensive for them to enjoy private personal health care coverage, the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA) insurance could provide a more affordable option.
4. A Flexible Spending Account is helpful in your quest to make massive savings. It’s a kind of savings account where you can save tax-free dollars for your health care needs. Any money not used could be rolled over into the subsequent year (still tax free). This gives you a tax free way of building considerable reserves of funds to cater for your future health needs.
5. Your individual health insurance plan would likely offer you up to two free visits to a doctor for medical check ups.
Why do check-ups bring about savings?
Since ailments are discovered at their mild stages by doing such check ups, they are more easily treated without much expense. You reduce the risk to your insurer when health conditions are quickly diagnosed.